Friday, July 6, 2012

A bit of progress...

So remember this totally embarrassing picture of my sewing closet I posted awhile back...


I still shudder at the sight of it.  I made Ben take the little people away last night so I could have an hour or two of frantic cleaning and organizing.  It now looks like this...  (thank you dear husband, you are the best!)


No I didn't get rid of anything, yes I should have / need to / MUST!  When I first started quilting I just couldn't get enough, I pretty much bought anything that spoke to me, which was everything.  Now I look at most of it and realize I just don't love it as much as I once did.  It's the same difference as love and lust.  I just want to kick myself, I let all those fat quarters, kits, yardage and patterns take advantage of me.  Don't pretend like you think I'm crazy, most of you know exactly what I'm talking about, there has got to be a help group out there for people like us.  I got all my patterns organized too.  They went from this...


To very tidy and organized...


It's all sew much better, don't you agree?

Every July my mother in law, sister in laws, and I escape on a little sewing getaway.  OK so it's not little, it's a full blown sweat shop of sewing,  and eating, it's totally heaven. Since it's only a few weeks away I have been deliberating for sometime now on what I am going to work on.  I bought some mini charm packs and gave one to everyone who's going, the rules are pretty basic, just make something out of them.  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. 


I'm also dying to cut into this stuff, I got it on the shop hop, cause I didn't have any fabric at home, haha, but it's sooo cute. (self control is not one of my strong points, if you haven't already noticed.)



I'm also thinking I will take a few things that I found in the deep dark reaches of the stash that are unfinished. Shocking I know.  I would rather do this new pattern I bought, cause I was running low on those too.


It's it adorable? But the shame of so many unfinished projects it too much to bear, so it's going to have to marinate for awhile.  But not too long....  :)



  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! You did a GREAT job!!! I need to come shopping at your house :)

Nettie said...

Haley, this is the first time I have checked out your blog. It is so cute, your family fun and sweet and I really enjoyed myself. Great job on the closet! My girls came and shopped at my house and I am about out of good newer stash fabrics. 6 daughters can wipe you out pretty fast! I just love how fabric can bring us together and we all just love to rub it, smell it, and just stare at it! :] Annetet Rawlinson

Nettie said...

Sorry I can't seem to spell my name! Annette

Post a Comment