Tuesday, July 31, 2012

36 Hours

Last weekend was crazy busy.  It was also crazy fun. Since Ben works most every Saturday, and we usually need to be back for church by 11am on Sunday, we don't often go to far on weekends.  But last weekend we squeezed in everything we possibly could.  Ben's Mom asked if the kids could go with them on Friday night... ummm, yeah!!!!  I said, and I quote, "It would be my pleasure, literally."  Ben had told me earlier in the day that he needed to work on my Mom's tractor that night.  So the two of us hung out together at the shop.  It was just like the old days, Ben works on stuff and I watch.  I am always so amazed that he knows how to fix everything.





Saturday morning Ty's Friend Toby had her Birthday Party.  It was a Puppy Party, and it was to die for.  Toby's mom is amazing, she always has awesome ideas.  I have "why didn't I think of that" moments quite often while in her company.  I told myself I wasn't going to post any of these pictures because it wasn't our party.  But seriously, they are so cute!  (Sorry Steph, I just couldn't help myself.)
Happy Happy Birthday Toby girl!



















I am pretty sure this was their favorite part, when Steph old them that puppies don't eat at the table they eat on the floor, there were several squeals of delight.  Ty told me that he is going to eat like this from now on.  To bad his Mom is such a fun hater.  Sorry Buddy, someday you will understand. I hope.....
After the party Ty, Ally and I took a flying trip to Walmart to grab a few things, and then we met Ben who was just getting home, and we frantically loaded up the camp trailer.  Yes we bought a trailer!  WooHoo!  I have been meaning to post about this it just hasn't happened.  Our friends Jason and Nicole and their kids were camping up Payson Canyon and invited us to come up.  Since we hadn't gotten to take our trailer out we were really excited, even if it was only for one night.  




No this is not Ben's bike, him and Jason were trying to convince Jason's son Collin to jump over this big ditch.  If the smile on Ben's face doesn't tell you everything you need to know, then let me tell you, it was a bad idea.   It's a good thing Collin knows these two so well, he wasn't about to be peer pressured into it.  I had good intentions of taking a whole lot more pictures.  But honestly, it was so relaxing, I just sat in a camp chair pretty much the entire time.  I love camping, I am so excited that we have a trailer.  The whole process of  searching for, looking at, and deciding on a trailer was exhausting, but totally worth it.  I hope this is the first of many, many more camping posts.  (My Mother in law also said that our generator will totally run a sewing machine! I haven't told Ben this yet, I am waiting for some perfect timing :))  We got up Sunday morning and packed up and headed home by 10 :(  Jason made us breakfast before we left, and a good portion of the trip was him teaching Ben how everything on our trailer works, can you believe how lucky we are?  I am so grateful for such awesome friends.  We had such a great time, our kids were in heaven.  I learned that I didn't have nearly what I need to cook, and I drastically under estimated the amount of clothing I needed to pack for my children. But that was the whole point, to figure a few of these things out.  It was really a great trip, just way too short, and not nearly enough pictures.  I will do better next time, which will be soon, I am hoping very soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment