Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Since Thursday....

Since my post last Thursday I have been busy trying to redeem myself.  I dug a quilt out that has been done for over a year, all it needed was binding.  As if that isn't bad enough, it took me an HOUR, one whole hour, just to find the dang thing.  I had put it away in a very safe place, I was so mad at myself.  Luckily after the hunt, I still had time to do what I had set out to do in the first place. It took a whole whopping 45 minutes, why did I put that off for so long? (oh yeah, because I hate to bind) And now it's D-O-N-E.  I can check it off my list, yay.

I made this for Ty so that he would have a new quilt when his little sister was born. (I can always find an excuse for a quilt!)  I had the dog print in my stash, I once had a dog named Peppy, so when I saw that I had to have it you see, because I have no self control, remember?  Ty picked it out of my stash and then we picked all the other colors to go with it.  He sat on my lap and helped me sew almost the whole thing (it's a wonder my arms reached the sewing machine, with a huge belly and a three year old on my lap).   He helped lay out all the blocks, and he helped sew them together.  He also used my rulers as "jumps" for his monster trucks and snapped one in half.  The memory of it all seems sweet now, but at the time it took all the patience I had to get through this little doggie quilt.  Maybe this thing is cursed?  When we went to buy the back for it, he got sick in the store.  He was running around crazy one minute and the next he was telling me his back hurt.  He just wanted me to hold him.  After about 10 minuets of carrying him around he started panting and then he barfed into my chest.  I tried to curl him into me so that it was all on me and not all over the store, or worse, on any fabric, which worked, but sucked. Luckily Ben's Mom was with me.  I ran into the bathroom and she took care of the fabric I was having cut.  It was awesome because I was wearing a sweatshirt and a tank top.  So I took off the hoodie, rinsed it the best I could, in what seemed like the smallest sink in the world, and then I got to put. it. back. on. D-U-M-B.  Whats even better is that he had four more of those little spells over the next five weeks.  He ended up at Primary Children's to have an MRI (Ally was 10 days old, yay, so fun) because every time he would just complain of back pain.  They never found anything wrong, but it pretty much sucked all the way around.  So I was so excited to finally get this thing done on Friday and give it to him, and when he got home he had a fever!  Yep, now that I think about it I am getting rid of this thing for sure. It is definitely cursed.  But that might break the heart of a certain little boy, he really loves it.  And he stayed snuggled in it almost all weekend.
OK, moving on, sorry, I tend to ramble, I would tell you I'm working on it, but that would be a lie.  On Thursday night Ty had his Preschool Graduation.  He was so excited, and I was so proud.

Thank you so much Miss Kelci, you are the best!  Ty had so much fun at Preschool this year, everyday he would ask me if it was a preschool day.  He learned a ton and made some awesome new friends.  We were both sad that it was over.  But since my little man won't be old enough for Kindergarten, we will get to do preschool again next year, Yay! 

For the past few weeks after Sunday dinner, there have been some pretty intense Frisbee matches going on.  I decided I had better bring my camera along so that I could get in on the action.  Since I am not much good at throwing, or catching, or any thing sports related at all.  But it's fine with me, because being in the middle of these guys and taking pictures was way more fun anyways. This week they tried throwing two at once, pretty tricky.

Do you think these two are related? Good thing I have a camera to hide behind.
I will never be half as graceful.  It looked like they were doing ballet out there.

I'm pretty sure Ty didn't take ballet, I'm also pretty sure that's a good thing.
He really is good at Frisbee though, I just couldn't resist posting this one funny pic.


If you think that the only reason Brian jumped through the air, and risked his life to catch a Frisbee (that was already on the ground) is because he likes to give me great material to photograph, well you might be right.  I can always count on him to pull through for a good shot, he seems to like the camera, and I'm pretty happy about that.  In fact my whole family is pretty good to let me take their pictures, even knowing that it's going to end up on here.  Have I told you lately what a fun family I am a part of.  Yeah I'm super blessed, and trust me there is not one day that goes by that I am not extremely thankful for them.  It's crazy to see how much our family has grown over the past few years, just when you think it can't get any better, it totally does.

After the Frisbee showdown we hung out on the porch and watched the solar eclipse.  I pulled out the MRI films of Ben's back and we held up the undeveloped parts and used them to look at the sun.  It worked really well.  And when Ben mentioned how funny and concerned we all looked staring at his films like a bunch of doctors, it was even funnier.  Brian, the one who is always helping me get good photos, convinced me to try and take a picture of it.  I was hesitant but I'm so glad he talked me into it,  I think they turned out pretty awesome.

I wish I had gotten a few when it was smaller, but hey, you live you learn.  OK, this is maybe the longest post in history.  It has taken me hours and days to write it.  I promise the next one will be short and sweet. Now I need to go make sure that my baby, who had to cry herself to sleep, is actually sleeping, and try to keep a four year old quiet so that she stays that way for more than 15 minutes. And maybe I should unload the dishwasher and start dinner...... 


Post a Comment