Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bring on Summer

It's the second week of no Preschool, and I am already wondering what I am going to do to keep my munchkins entertained all Summer.  Mostly keep a four year old entertained.  Last week was rough, Ty thinks he needs to have a friend over to play everyday.  But I have to agree with him, there's nothing better than a little bike ride with a friend.  Especially when they are as cute as Ty's friend Toby.



On Saturday afternoon Ben and I loaded up the kids and headed out, determined to find something fun to do for a few hours despite the bad weather.  We ended up at the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point (sorry I don't know it's official name.)  Since we didn't even know where we would end up I totally forgot to take my camera, dang.  So all I got were these two crappy cell phone pictures.



I love how my son thinks I can't tell if he only moves his eyes.  Ty thought it was really cool though, and Ben and I had a pretty good time too.  Oh and Ally, she is always just happy to be along for the ride.  The weather was finally good enough to take flowers to the cemetery on Sunday evening.  I love Memorial Day, weird Holiday to love I know.  I think that there is just such an amazing spirit at the cemetery, all the colorful flowers and people there remembering those who have passed on.  Even though I never met Ben's grandparents, I feel very connected to them.  It is probably because I live in the house they built.  I am sure they are here, helping me with these little people.  I know that sounds creepy, but it's comforting to me.  Anyway It always makes me happy to take them flowers.  Again crappy phone picture, sorry.


My sister (in-law, but I just call her my sister) Emmy cut these gorgeous Iris' that were in her back yard.  They were so pretty! Thank you Em.


Well I had better go, Ally has this new plan to pull herself up to everything she can reach.  She doesn't ever know what to do after that though, so it usually ends up looking like this.


Life is rough.







0 comments:

Post a Comment